Dissertation Editor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Academic Editor (various styles).
Contract, Part-Time, At-Will.
Dissertation Editor is seeking a motivated, meticulous, highly professional doctorates with outstanding editorial and consulting skills to join our team as Academic Editors. Reporting to and working closely with overseeing Project Managers, Editors will provide editorial, formatting, consulting, and research services to clients.
- Full US work authorization.
- PhD or equivalent advanced academic degree from an R1 or R2 research university. (Applicants not holding a PhD or equivalent will not be considered.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Sensitivity and responsivity in editing to client diversity and cross-cultural needs.
- Impeccable professionalism, tact, and patience.
- Ability to execute editorial work impeccably and prioritize competing demands to meet firm deadlines.
- Demonstrable mastery of at least one (1) academic style (e.g. APA, AMA, Chicago, Turabian). APA strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable proficiency in advanced MS Word features and formatting tools, especially Styles.
- Demonstrable competency in at least one secondary academic styles (e.g. APA, AMA, Chicago, Turabian).
- Interdisciplinary flexibility with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across the humanities, social sciences, STEM, and professional fields.
- Prior experience teaching in higher education.
- Prior experience editing academic writing for university audiences.
Terms and Compensation
This is a part-time remote position. As contractors, editors retain full rights to the application and management of their labor and accordingly may accept projects at will. Compensation is project based; projects are compensated in the form of a flat fee determined by the size and scope of the project.
- After review of your CV confirms eligibility, you will receive a Non-Disclosure Agreement to sign prior to your receiving our assessment and training materials.
- Upon return of your NDA, you will receive additional documentation including an editing and formatting evaluation. The evaluation is designed to gauge your technical, communicative, and analytical skills as an editor.
- If your evaluation meets company standards, you will be invited to join our team.
For more information on our company, please visit www.dissertation-editor.com. To apply, send a detailed letter of application, curriculum vitae, and writing sample with the subject line “ATTN Hiring Manager: Academic Editor, USA.” Applications should be addressed to: anna.malik [AT] dissertation-editor.com.
NOTE: When applying, please indicate the academic styles in which you are fluent.